Bishop Amat's Student Newspaper

The Lance

Bishop Amat's Student Newspaper

The Lance

Bishop Amat's Student Newspaper

The Lance

The Lancers Close Their League Play Early in the Preliminaries
Lancers stumble against Campbell Hall in a Beach Volleyball clash

April 30, 2024

Future Stars: Gabriel Guerrero and Daniel Albidrez

April 25, 2024

The ecstatic Senior Night win against La Salle

April 22, 2024

View All

A Pleasant Return

A Pleasant Return

Written by Roxy Hernandez / Staff Writer

One of the most looked forward to events during October is the return of the popular series Vampire Diaries. The show is about how the town Mystic Falls isn’t as quiet as it seems when  Elena Gilbert, a teenage girl who just lost her parents, meets two vampire brothers Stefan and Damon Salvatore. Their friends’ and families’ lives are flipped upside down as more people turn into vampires, some people die, and werewolves come out as well. Along with the intriguing plot, there are also many relationship and scandalous affairs to follow.

“The return of Vampire diaries is always exciting,” senior Jessica Lujan said. “Last season was one of the best so I have high expectations for this new one.”

Season four featured conflicts like Elena’s transition to becoming a vampire, Bonnie Bennett’s death, and graduation. Season Five was finally released Oct. 3. The new Season features the main characters heading off to college, and their mission to find Stefan after he is trapped in a safe and thrown in a river.

“Vampire Diaries is my favorite show,” senior Nicole Perez said. “ I just saw the newest episode, and I’m really excited to see what else the writers have in store. Everyone should watch this show.”

The Vampire Diaries doesn’t just appeal to teenage girls, even some boys watch it.

“I’m not embarrassed that I watch The Vampire Diaries,” senior Scott Hurst said. “It’s a great show, I think more guys should watch it because it’s really addicting. I even got some of my friends into it,”

The producers decided to make a spin off of The Vampire Diaries called the Originals, which is about the few Original vampires featured in the show. This created a buzz among students at Amat.

“I love Klaus, he is one of my favorite Original Vampires. Because he is half vampire, half werewolf, it makes everything all the more interesting.” Lujan said. “I’m really glad they basically made a show about him so I could watch more about him.”

Some students on the other hand don’t feel the same way.

“I was disappointed with the first episode of The Originals because it was just a rerun of the sneak peak in the fourth season of Vampire Diaries. But I still really like the show anyways.” Hurst said.

The Originals is on Tuesdays at eight, while The Vampire Diaries is on Thursday at eight. Keeping up with one show is hard enough, but watching two shows on different nights can be overwhelming.

“I have cheer, homework, and college apps to worry about.” Perez said. “Sometimes I just don’t have time to watch T.V. I usually end up watching it online afterwards when I have a little bit of free time.”