Bishop Amat's Student Newspaper

The Lance

Bishop Amat's Student Newspaper

The Lance

Bishop Amat's Student Newspaper

The Lance

The Lancers Close Their League Play Early in the Preliminaries
Lancers stumble against Campbell Hall in a Beach Volleyball clash

April 30, 2024

Future Stars: Gabriel Guerrero and Daniel Albidrez

April 25, 2024

The ecstatic Senior Night win against La Salle

April 22, 2024

View All

Hey Monday’s singer says “Hey” to fame

Hey Mondays singer says Hey to fame

Cassadee Pope, a 23 year old punk-rock singer from West Palm Beach, has impressed the whole nation as a contestant on NBCs “The Voice.”

Although Pope has already been successful with her music career touring as front woman of her band Hey Monday, alongside popular acts such as Fall Out Boy, All Time Low, The All-American Rejects, and Yellowcard, she didn’t feel that she had achieved enough and wanted a bigger fan base to inspire.  Needing to branch out, she departed from her band and auditioning for The Voice, hoping that it would open new doors.

Impressed by her performance, all four judges fought for her during the blind audition. Country singer, Blake Shelton, won her over and has been coaching her throughout the whole competition. Every week, she has blown viewers away by covering artists varying from Avril Lavigne and Michelle Branch, to Miranda Lambert and Keith Urban.

Unlike other vocal competitions, voting on The Voice can also be casted by purchasing a contestant’s song on iTunes. Shockingly enough, Pope has topped the iTunes chart for the past month after every night of her performance, ranking higher than artists like Usher, Ne-Yo, and Justin Bieber, causing many to predict her as the winner of the overall competition.

Catch Pope on The Voice’s season finale Next Tuesday night as she battles for the title of The Voice Champion.