Bishop Amat's Student Newspaper

The Lance

Bishop Amat's Student Newspaper

The Lance

Bishop Amat's Student Newspaper

The Lance

The Lancers Close Their League Play Early in the Preliminaries
Lancers stumble against Campbell Hall in a Beach Volleyball clash

April 30, 2024

Future Stars: Gabriel Guerrero and Daniel Albidrez

April 25, 2024

The ecstatic Senior Night win against La Salle

April 22, 2024

View All

Modern Warfare 3 is a Must-Buy

Modern Warfare 3 is a Must-Buy

Story by Nicholas Salgado
Staff Writer
Rating: 5/5

Its been two years since the last Modern Warfare came out, but Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 finally has come out and it brings back all the guns, perks, and online that we come to expect from the series. It also brings some new goodies to the table, however does it stack up to Battlefield 3.

Modern Warfare feels like the same old 1st person shooter we feel in love with in MW2. The game uses the same graphic engine they used in the last one, however they polished it.
However Battlefield 3 graphics look much better.

What stands out in Modern Warfare is the online play. However, the online support, especially on Black Ops, took months before Activision was able to stabilize it. Game play is smooth with little to no lag.

They also added survival mode on Special Ops, which is a bit like the zombie map from Black Ops but has enemies who use weapons, armor, and helicopters to take you down.

You are able to customize your weapon and buy support perks. Its great however online support still lags but will get better as time goes on.

Campaign mode was really fun. You follow Yuri, Soap, and the rest of the squad as you try to stop Makarov from destroying the world.

However, the Campaign mode it could have been longer.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is the same old game we loved, but upgraded with better online support, game play, and polished graphics. It may not win the best looking award, but it does win best entertaining online game.

If you don’t have this game, go out and buy it. It will keep you happy for many hours.