Bishop Amat's Student Newspaper

The Lance

Bishop Amat's Student Newspaper

The Lance

Bishop Amat's Student Newspaper

The Lance

The Lancers Close Their League Play Early in the Preliminaries
Lancers stumble against Campbell Hall in a Beach Volleyball clash

April 30, 2024

Future Stars: Gabriel Guerrero and Daniel Albidrez

April 25, 2024

The ecstatic Senior Night win against La Salle

April 22, 2024

View All

Keeping Faith Alive Through the Rosary

Although the school year may be coming to a close, Bishop Amat celebrated the month of May and the importance of Mary, the Mother of God, through a school-wide Rosary this past Wednesday. 

This faith experience allowed the Bishop Amat students to experience praying the Rosary and participating in the crowning of Mary. Throughout the event, the Lancers were invited to follow along with the celebration and take time out of their busy schedules to reflect on the important things in their lives. 

In reference to the Rosary, Father John Montejano and Ms. Megan Glaudini answered some common faith questions regarding the significance of the month of May and its relationship to our crowning of Mary.

“May is a traditional month to be mindful of the importance of Mary and our faith,” Father John said. “We remember Mary as a model of discipleship because she was the first one that said yes to doing God’s will and yes to Jesus.”

“It is important for people to pray the rosary to show our reverence for Mary and be grateful for her love, her fiat, and her yes to bringing Jesus into the world,” Mrs. Glaudini said. “Without her we would not have our beautiful Catholic faith, and the Rosary is just a simple way that we can bring reverence and glory to God’s name and to Mary.”

After the commencement of the rosary, Mrs. Jackie Rogers, a senior and sophomore English teacher, took the stage to explain her own life experiences and how the image of Mary resided with her through all her family struggles. She showed the endurance and love a mother contains for her children and spread the message to all those who are willing to listen. 

To conclude the experience, Father John gave a message to those who may want to pray more and grow in their faith with God, yet may get easily distracted or may not be able to find time in their day.

“It’s normal to get distracted while praying, yet it is good to have an intention or something that you want to focus your prayer on, which will help you to be more concentrated,” Father John said. “Also, when you are at Mass, I invite people to look at the cross and some of the religious symbols and try to just focus on that.”

As the year comes to a close, the Lancers were reminded of their faith and what may remain with them throughout their remaining high school years, and for some their future in college or careers after graduation. Through our reflection of the rosary we can use Mary as an image to remind ourselves of the rewards of fighting through our own struggles in life.