Bishop Amat's Student Newspaper

The Lance

Bishop Amat's Student Newspaper

The Lance

Bishop Amat's Student Newspaper

The Lance

The Lancers Close Their League Play Early in the Preliminaries
Lancers stumble against Campbell Hall in a Beach Volleyball clash

April 30, 2024

Future Stars: Gabriel Guerrero and Daniel Albidrez

April 25, 2024

The ecstatic Senior Night win against La Salle

April 22, 2024

View All

Bishop Amat Dance presents “Under the Mistletoe”

Boys and girls in the Period 4 Beginning Dance class being taught by Ms. Trudy DeVera, moderator of the Christmas dance concert, on November 30, 2023

The Bishop Amat Dance Department is holding their annual Christmas Dance Concert this Saturday, December 2nd.

“Under the Mistletoe” at 2 pm and 7 pm features dance team members, beginning dance students, as well as the freshman PE dance class.

Commanded by lifelong dancer and coach Mrs. Trudy DeVera, she has been preparing her dance team and students for the last month for a great show.

“It is going to be a lot of fun, there are a lot of students on this campus that are involved so I highly recommend you to come and cheer on your favorite dancers and friends,” said DeVera.

Students of all skill levels are performing, from veteran dancers with years of skill under their belt to students who have never put on a pair of dance shoes until last month.

Regular Bishop Amat students are turning into magic performers as the Christmas magic whips them into shape.

“You are going to see some flips and tricks, as well as some crazy stuff,” said senior Talan O’Dell, a student in the Beginning Dance class.

Some students are excited to perform, while others are frightened as it is their first performance in front of a wider audience.

The dance team, headed by senior captains Madison Agustin and Isabel Espinosa, are excited to show their skills and prowess to the audience in this long-running Bishop Amat event.

“You can see all our dancers who have worked so hard to prepare on that stage creating a magical performance,” said Agustin.

Above all, the dancers are ready and prepared for two great performances.

A perfect way to begin the holiday season, tickets are sold on Eventbrite for students at $10 for the mezzanine level and $15 for the orchestra level, while adults are $15 and $20 respectively.

The next dance concert will be held this spring, with a show date of Saturday, May 4, 2024.