An Amat Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is when people celebrate their gratitude for others with full stomachs and laughs. Everyone is grateful for something, whether that is a special person in their life, music, food, the environment in which they live, or just something as simple as the roof we have under our heads.

People now realize that everything they have is something to be thankful for. People tend to take things for granted and focus on materialistic possessions instead of appreciating the little gifts God grants the world with.

Although everyone’s go-to phrase when asking what they are thankful for is “family, friends, and food,” there is so much more to be grateful for. Thanksgiving has nothing to do with blood; it is those you choose to be family to be grateful for.

A majority of students who are seniors here at Amat are starting to realize that they are so grateful to be coming to a school where academics are really good and really important to everyone here. Students now understand why parents pay their students to get a private education. 

The Amat community creates a “home” feeling like no other, so much so that people from public schools have shown that they would much rather be at our school than their own.

This past Thanksgiving, Seniors, in particular, felt that there is more to be grateful for while in their last year of high school. With the stresses of juggling school, extracurriculars, and college applications, seniors feel they have much to look forward to.

They have also realized that this Thanksgiving could potentially be one of the last ones spent at home, for in the future, they may be in college during the holiday. 

Asking people around us asked what they were grateful for, besides their family, friends, and sports, many people were asked this question and said they were thankful for their faith in God.

Attending a school where God and the Catholic faith are huge can impact students. Most students who come to this school are Roman Catholics and have a strong relationship with God. 

Students who said that they are grateful to have a relationship with God said that it connects because they realize that God blesses each and every one of them. 

God has a plan for every individual. Students appreciate the fact that their family is healthy enough to come together and spend quality time with each other. 

Being with family and having a good meal together that was prepared with love so that everyone can enjoy is something huge for many people.

Not many people have the opportunity to be with their families because people in their families might be ill or unable to come and spend time because they are in another state or another country. 

Being away from family can be difficult for everyone because family is a huge part of our everyday lives. As every year comes and people age another year, they realize the importance of family even more. 

As the holiday season approaches, we should all be grateful for the things we have and all the opportunities we have and will continue to come across because God has a plan for everyone.