Bishop Amat's Student Newspaper

The Lance

Bishop Amat's Student Newspaper

The Lance

Bishop Amat's Student Newspaper

The Lance

Sophomore Jimenez’s bat leads Amat softball

Sophomore Julie Jimenez led Bishop Amat in almost every stat offensively with video game stats like a batting average of .436, .463 on base percentage, 44 hits, and 3 home runs and 16 RBIs

Jimenez said her success had to do with her approach at the plate.

“I have a positive mindset and I honestly don’t really care,” she said. “I’m looking to just hit the ball as hard as I can and that’s it.”  

Jimenez’s nonchalant approach to hitting has obviously helped her perform at a high level against all competition she’s faced this year. 

Bishop Amat struggled in the middle of the season losing five in a row and Jimenez’s bat helped them snap out of this streak.

It was all about “just staying positive and keeping our energy up and putting all that energy together helped us get another win,” she said. 

Amat dominated in the first round of CIF playoffs against Los Altos, winning 15-2. Jimenez popped off going 2-4 with a double, and a triple scoring three times as well. 

In the San Gabriel Valley Tribune, Jimenez said, “I feel like I really fed off of everybody’s energy and me, Soph [Pinedo], and even Tiny [Jimenez] were able to get it going with our sticks.” 

Jimenez and the Lanceras are taking on King from Riverside in Round two of the Division III CIF Playoffs and look to dominate in that game as well.